Life is not a mid-summer nights dream, nor is it a tempest, it is but a comedy of errors so live it as u like it – Sushmita Sen
Mother, marketer, lecturer, advisor, wife, sister and daughter are some of the roles people recognize me by. Though I am happiest when I am reading, traveling, writing, singing, cooking or doing craft, doting on my four-legged and two legged babies. Unfortunately the latter doesn’t give me a pay check.
I enjoy my own company most of the time, though I need doses of adventure and people. My adventures can range from cooking new food to exploring caves. Sometimes even sitting on the porch swing or singing while it rains is adventure enough to sustain me for a while. Some days I am full of energy and have no time to breathe. Some other days I binge watch series and order takeout all weekend.
I hope to write about my adventures and misadventures in this blog and post some photos. This is mainly for my own entertainment, but I do hope you like it too.
Few things that I like:
My privacy, Watching the rain, Animals, Movies-books-music, long drives, vacations, talking about obscure stuff, contemplating, learning, the list is endless.
Few things I dislike:
Cruelty to animals, creating scenes in public, hypocrisy, loud mouths, laziness, back stabbers, wastage, politics in the name of religion, etc.
Various parts of my heritage:
- Kolkata- Where I was born and brought up
- Pondicherry- Where I had my first birthday and visited every year (almost)
- Bangalore- Where I had the first real job experience
- Thailand- Where I am back to education and a new life.
Things that scare me:
- Deep water (Drowning)
- Enclosed places (Claustrophoia)
- Looking down from great heights (Vertigo)
- Reptiles (mainly Snakes and Crocodiles)
- Not being in control ( I am a bit of a control freak)
- Losing people I love
- Electric shocks (I get them quite often in this house)
- Being helpless
In my partner I want:
- Total trust
- Kindness towards humans and animals
- Urge for knowledge
- … and finally lots of love for me
Some false ideas about me that make the rounds:
- I am a snob
- I am very disciplined
- I am always sure about what I want
- Always look before I leap (the opposite of this is true)
- I do everything that I want in my partner
- I can always think up a solution in a crisis (Come on! I am human)
Few things I want to right away if it would be possible:
- Help animals in need.
- Complete my thesis and fast.
- Make people stop believing in politicians and their many lies.
- Start planning for the next part of the journey.
Few places that I want to see someday:
- Tibet (Always wanted to do this)
- The whole of India
- Wherever life takes me
- Open up a proper stray animal shelter
- Make education a must all over the world
- Tough penance for child abusers
- Have a huge house with a massive swimming pool that opens out to the sea
- Have lots of people in that house
Must Do before I die:
- Visit Tibet
- Be more patient
- Be happy at all times
4 thoughts on “About me”
Hi dear I just felt so good reading abt u.
am always there for u…..langotia yaar after all.
all the best. be hapy and smile always…
You forgot to enter another “Names that I go by: ” It is “DOUBLE MOON”
I just happened upon your website. I am kinda down right now, but reading your stuff gave me insight. I wanna be happy all the time too.Maybe I’ll see you in Tibet someday. TAKE CARE!
Its not that I manage to stay happy all the time, but I try. Now that u reminded me I ll try harder since its good to know that my thoughts can make someone feel better somewhere.
See u in Tibet. Good luck 🙂